Motorhome Insurance Quotes: For life on the Go
If you’ve been bitten by the road trip bug, chances are you’re in the market for motorhome insurance quotes.
With more people each year choosing to holiday here in the UK, it’s little surprise that motorhome ownership is on the rise.
SAVE £100’s TODAY
NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED
At the last count, there were 755,000 registered motorhomes in the UK, with more than 51 million nights spent in caravans each year. These home-from-home RVs (recreational vehicles) are becoming a mainstay for both young and old alike, and in a budget-conscious era the need for a motorhome policy comparison site is clear.
Unlike car insurance, which tends to calculate cost in the same way for most vehicles, motorhome insurance rates must take into consideration many nuances, which are best handled by specialist insurers. That’s why our choice of affiliated companies all cater specifically to the market, ensuring you get the best rates and terms.
Why do I need a motorhome policy?
Apart from it being a legal requirement for a vehicle to be adequately insured before being driven on UK roads, getting suitable insurance for your motorhome should be a no-brainer. First of all, your average insurance policy covers the costs for any incidents that might occur whilst you’re on the open road. This includes standard driving mishaps, such as misjudging a parking space or mowing down next door’s dahlias, as well as more severe misdemeanours like the one below (don’t worry, no one was injured). One of the biggest challenges for users is the acclimatising to different dimensions; even for those who are accustomed to driving a van, the measurements of a motorhome can catch you out, so having a policy that insures against accidental damage is a game changer for many new owners.
It’s worth noting that even if you only use your motorhome for mini breaks, you’ll still need short-term or temporary insurance to ensure you’re covered for any eventuality. Policies can be adapted to last from just a few days to months at a time.
Getting the most for your money
Thanks to our handy online calculator, you can compare motorhome quotes and get a direct line to a wide variety of insurers in order to find the ideal combination of useful features and affordable premium.
However, there are some things everyone can do in order to keep prices down and make excesses more manageable:
- Fitting a tracking device to your motorhome is always a popular decision with insurance providers, as it allows them to trace your vehicle if it’s been stolen.
- Fitting a black box to monitor your driving – this has often been associated with younger car users but can also help more experienced drivers demonstrate their proficiency, which in turn inspires more confidence from insurers.
- Additional security measures, such as wheel clamps, are relatively cost-effective ways of securing your motorhome and reducing your insurance at the same time.
- Including extra drivers. This may seem counter-intuitive, but if you can demonstrate that someone else named on your policy is a reliable, careful driver, then your premium can often drop. Including a spouse or partner is often worth considering, as having them insured also means you’ll be able to share driving duties on longer journeys, reducing the likelihood of accidents due to tiredness and lack of concentration.
- Make use of your no-claims bonus or discount. Even if you don’t have one from a previous motorhome insurance policy, you can use a car NCD – as long as it’s not already been applied to another policy. That’s because you can’t use one NCD for multiple policies at the same time.
What kind of Motorhome cover do I need?
Younger and older drivers: Don’t be put off from buying a motorhome simply because of age. Plenty of companies now offer insurance policies for motorhome owners under 25 and over 50, bringing that dream a little closer to reality – although if you have limited disposable income, it’s worth checking out the policy inclusions and premium rate before you buy the vehicle. There’s nothing worse than getting a new set of wheels only to find you can’t afford to keep them on the road!
Optional Extras or Included as Standard? When comparing motorhome insurers, also bear in mind what each policy covers, what’s included as standard and what the add-ons are. Some insurers now include windscreen cover – especially for chips – in their basic policy, along with handy features such as breakdown assistance – though you might need to pay more for an upgraded level of cover for the latter. If you know you’ll want a courtesy vehicle as part of the deal, double check if you get a like-for-like model, and for how long.
Travelling abroad: If you know you’ll be exploring the world, make sure you’re covered for travel abroad – although don’t be caught out, as home insurance can often be invalidated if you’re away from a property for more than 31 days, so check with your provider before setting off on any overseas adventures.
Choosing the right insurance
One of the great things about motorhomes is their flexibility, enabling you to choose a model that suits your individual travelling style and giving you a home-from-home experience to remember. It’s this flexibility which means a one-size-fits-all insurance quote is useless for motorhome owners, which is why we’ve made it easy to compare a wide range of insurers to make sure you get the deal that suits you.
Just fill in the Quotezone simple motorhome insurance form and an insurance provider will contact you over the phone to discuss your quote.
SAVE £100’s TODAY
NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED